Monday, December 1, 2008

Who inspire you most?

This morning I had a break first with a few friends. As usual, we had a casual talk until I opened my mouth that I'm a new blogger in town now. None of them pay serious attention to the blog sphere although they follow a fews popular blogs for news. I told them what make me jumped into the bandwagon. I told them the power of blogging. Blog is not only for your activities during free time but it a part of your works as an entrepreneur.

One of them asked me, why only now do I started blogging? He suggested, I should started way back in 2004. To me, it is very simple, I would rather late then never. Although I heard about the blogging since before 2004, I had no strong reason start. But reading David Meerman Scott - The New Rules of Marketing & PR really shifted my paradigm.

We went deeper and discussed why do I chose to write about entrepreneur. And who is my icon in the entrepreneur world? I answered both, but for this time, I prefer to talk about who am I admire most in Entrepreneurship.

1. Sir Richard Branson

He is not as rich as Bill Gates or Warrant Buffett. His wealth is only USD 4.4 billion compared to Gates USD 59.0 billion. I do not measure their wealth but I'm comparing them in person. Both of them started their business at very early age - Branson at age 16. Both of them did not have any universities qualification before they ventured into the entrepreneurial world.

However I admire Branson more because, he is one of the man on earth who have such an extra-ordinary endurance and persistence. He never take no as an answer and fail as a total failure. This make who he is today. He builds "Virgin" from zero. Today he has over 360 companies and 245th richest man in the world.


2. Dato Tony Fernandes

The founder of Air-Asia. With the tag line "Now everyone can fly" he changed the way of airways business specifically in Asia. He came out from no where and now he is in the position to lead the industry. Not only he managed to turn the millions dollar debt company to profitable but now he is ready to compete and win over many players in this region. Surprisingly including national carriers. I believe within a few years, his name will be on the top list of the ten richest man in Malaysia.


I know all of us have some one who we admire. Tell us who do you love most?

6 comments:

DinDeraman said...

the first people i admire is myself and second one my mum and my dad. the rest is people who can be hero from zero ......

David Meerman Scott said...

A blog is an excellent way to share your passion with the world. Glad to see you blogging and I am happy that my book helped you to get started.
David Meerman Scott

Zahari Sharit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zahari Sharit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zahari Sharit said...

Thanks David. I'm very proud to have here. I know, although you are always busy, you still give me some of your precious time to drop your comments. I’m getting to understand more and more now, what do you really mean - The New Rules of Marketing & PR

Why?

The moment I saw you comments, I said it to myself;

This guy can be trusted - He really does what he said, his book, Chapter 17 ended with "...when you get going, please send me your URL so I can check it out. (Pg 215)You have proofed it to me.

With that rapport, I have NO doubt to buy another book written by you. You marketing and PR are great David!

Najib Milatu said...

Check out this page. I find it interesting.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/opinion/breaking-views/136-breaking-views/17196-charity-must-not-become-a-casualty-of-the-recession--richard-branson