Saturday, December 20, 2008

Writing a proposal to a Ministry

Saturday, December 20, 2008, 11:40pm… Just to take short break for now. A bit exhausted after 3 days in a row working for my latest project – Proposal for Ministry of Youth and Sports. This is my first long write up after I had done it for 20,000 words dissertation in a few years back.


Writing a proposal to a ministry is not the same as we write a dissertation or book. A lot of home works need to be done. The scope of proposal is so broad. We should know which one is relevant and not. There is not fixed rules. This time I under-took this project in group. We divide our scope into three sections. I take on technical section.


The government departments received thousand of proposal every year. If you have a brilliant ideas, you proposal has a great chances to be accepted and implemented. If not don’t waste of you resources working on it. Now, I’m asking myself, am I doing the right things?

2 comments:

Najib Milatu said...

"Am I doing the right thing?"

A powerful question we must ask ourself, periodically. The answer may differ from time to time. At times, after some serious consideration, we may answer in the affirmative and at other time, in the negative.

Look back on the many occasions we post ourself the same question and we answered in the affirmative, "yes, I am doing the right thing" and proceeds with whatever it is. Also the occasions we answered "no, abandon this" and you stop.

The outcome may be in line with the answer, yet on certain occasion we later found out that we should have acted differently. The decision we made turned out to be the wrong one. We only realise, albeit too late that we should have proceed when we decided to stop and vise versa.

Shall we defer our decision then? I am holding on to the opinion that we continue asking the question periodically, thoroughly consider the options and possibilities and decide. Proceed according to the decision and move on forward.

Look back only to learn and not regret. Look forward as in life we must believe that "the best is yet to be".

Thank you.

Zahari Sharit said...

Najib,

Thanks for your constructive comments. I'm glad to have you here @ the entrepreneur street. Hope you keep on sharing your valuable thoughts with the community.